Monday, June 2, 2014

Nostalgic Memories

Prom is one of the most memorable nights of your teenage years. What better feeling is it to put on a beautiful gown, flawless makeup, and your hair being LAID? The best feeling a lady can have is feeling confident with herself when she looks in the mirror. Probably my favorite part of prom is getting dolled up and taking pictures!! If you know me, you know that I love to take pictures lol. I was ecstatic when I was asked to go to an Autism Prom as a date for my cousin Patrick. A couple weeks before, I was reminiscing of my prom night and how I wanted to go to another prom. My wish got granted! God is great. The Autism prom was full of positive vibes from the teens. Everyone looked so handsome/beautiful! It was a Caribbean theme and lots of food! One thing I admired about these high school students with autism is that they had a good time and didn't care what anyone else thought about them. They lived out the moment to the fullest. Here are a couple of pics! Also, I'll tell about how I got my dress exactly on the same day and did my hair myself. You don't have to go out and spend a lot of money to look GOOD! 


Dress: Ross 52.99 W/tax (Most dresses were in the 25.99-40.00 range but this was more expensive because of the material.)

Shoes: I had on flat plain shoes. I chose a long dress so I wouldn't have to spend any money on buying shoes. *Pros of long dresses!

Earrings: I got these from my aunt but you can get earrings like this from a beauty supply store for less than $10.



How I achieved my hairstyle: I did a Bantu knot-out. At first I did the Bantu-knot out it did not come out as I expected. I took it out earlier that day around 12 just to see what I was working with. I was disappointed, so I tried again. At first I put a teeny bit of water and I used "As I Am" Moisture Milk. Ladies we all know when we want our hair to come out perfect it does the opposite! So the second time I used the moisture milk along with Motions Foam Wrap Lotion. (The Foam Lotion gave it a more defined curl and made the curl hold more.) I kept it in from 2-6. It came out great! I put my fingers through the curls to make them looser. If the front part of your hair comes out alright but not how you want it, you can just pull it back in a hump like I did. If you don't have natural hair you can just look up an elegant hairstyle on YouTube!

Makeup: I had my cousin's counselor do my makeup but all you really need to look flawless is a good foundation or BB cream, great eyebrows, and a popping lipstick! I had on a dark brown lipstick that I got from Wet & Wild (1.99)

This is what I call FLAWLESS on a budget!!

All together: Under 70$

More pics from prom.....

 Red Carpet

 My cousin was sharp!






“Do not fear people with Autism, embrace them, Do not spite people with Autism unite them, Do not deny people with Autism accept them for them their abilities will shine. God gives special children to special people."




No comments:

Post a Comment

Khadejah Bennett's Official Blog